Monday, January 4, 2010

Heaven to my 5 year old

Tonight, my little 5 year old Kylee asked me a ton of questions about heaven. She said she missed her Nanny who died last year. We read a children's book about heaven to help her with the questions. Here were some of her question:

1. Will we have to take naps there? I told her it was up to her because she'd never get tired - that was music to her ears. There is no nighttime there - Jesus is our light! (Revelation 21:23 and 22:5)

2. Will you have to shave Daddy? I said probably not. She was excited again because my beard scratches her when we hug.

3. Will Tiger, our cat who died, be there? I said probably. God made the animals and there's a chance they could be there. (Genesis 1:25) The bible is pretty silent on the eternity of animals, but it is certain on the eternity of those who trust in Him. "Anyone who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He will not be found guilty. He has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

4. Can we eat there? I said of course. The bible says there are 12 crops growing on each side of the river of life (Revelation 22:2). She was excited there might be candy and no dentists (well, there will be dentists there, just no dentistry). That means no more cavities - no pain, no tears, no sorrow (Revelation 21:4).

5. Will I be a kid? I said, I'm not sure, but probably not. Since heaven is eternal, there is no age there. We'll all get new bodies (Philippians 3:21). She hoped she would get new teeth because she has a gap (maybe there is dentistry there).

6. Will we know each other and live in the same house? Of course we'll know each other. God is making us a great house to live in there. It actually says that there are many rooms in our Father's house (John 14:2). So, we'll all live together.

7. Will we still go to church? I said no. We are the church. Every day will be church. She was excited cause she loves kids church but wanted Jesus to pick her for the game because I never do.

8. When will we get there? In God's timing. But until we do, we have to love and serve Him and others on this earth. Our hope is that for those who die in Christ will live with Him in heaven. (1 Thessalonians 4:13) Only those who give their lives to Christ will go there (Revelation 21:17).

9. Can we fly? I said the bible says we will be caught up and meet him in the air. So, probably so. That blew her little mind. (1 Thessalonians 4:17)

10. Can we play? Of course! What joy! I want to swing off the tree of life into the crystal sea. We will jump for joy! Luke 6:23 says, "Be glad and jump for joy. You will receive many blessings in heaven." Heaven will be a fun place!

11. Do we have to pray? She stopped me and said "no". She said, "Jesus is there and we can talk to Him face to face." That is the best news of all for heaven. It is where Jesus is! I told her that spending eternity with Him is the whole point of Heaven. John 14:3 - "I will take you to be with me. Then you will also be where I am."

Lots of questions from a 5 year old. She has told me she has given her life to Jesus already 2 times. I laughed. I see a true child-like faith in her and she trusts everything I say about Jesus and Heaven. I pray that I continue to read and study Your word Lord so I can show her Jesus. I can't wait for Heaven! "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has known what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

On a different note, I love my Life Group! I love the fact that we get to spend time with and grow in the Lord with people. I'm very thankful for everyone in our LG and I pray God continues to use us and grow us closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment