1. God has called you to fight for your families not with your families.
2. Hey guys...if you don’t lead your family then satan will do it. Step up men!
3. Stop pursuing image over integrity. Be OK with less stuff and more character.
4. A man's greatest hobby is not hunting, golfing, or fishing. If you desire to do these things more with your free time than spending time with your wife and kids then all you get at the end of your life is a dead dear head and a bunch of sorry score cards.
5. Too many men are walking away from the challenge of leading their family spiritually. Don't check out. Don't give up.
6. Check this out - if a woman takes her kids to church there is a 1 in 50 chance they will regularly attend church as an adult. If the father does it, there is a 1 in 3 chance! Let your kids see you worship Jesus.
7. God is looking for men to take a stand (Ezekiel 22:30). Does He see you standing tall or wimping out?
8. Come on guys - quality time with your kids is not popping in a DVD in the car so they will be quiet while you run a 10 minute errand and talk on your cell phone to your buddy about the deer that you almost shot during the only off day you and your family had last week. Spend time with your kids - TALK TO THEM!
9. Why does it seem that men like spending time at work more than they do at home? Ladies - encourage and build up your husband at home. Men - GO HOME and find fulfillment in your family! Do your best at work but give your best to your family. Work through lunch, reschedule appointments, deny overtime, be happy where you are - not with that next promotion. Say no to work - not your family.
10. The words you say (or don't say) to your wife and kids will either build them up or tear them down. You choose.
11. Stop intimidating your wife and kids to get them to do what you want. Yelling doesn't make them respect you more. This doesn't lead them anywhere but away from you. Choose intimacy, not intimidation.
12. Wives want to submit themselves to husbands that look like Jesus. Give her something worth submitting to! You only look like Jesus when you know what He looks like. You have to spend time in the Word EVERY DAY!!!
13. Tell them you love them and are proud of them...everyday!
14. Stop putting off talking to your kids about the tough issues of life. I guarantee the world is already speaking loudly and often to them. You have to step in, stand up, and stop the trash the world is preaching at your kids. It is you job to show them the truth that will shape and bring life.
15. Your kids see how you treat your wife. Is how you treat your wife how you want them to treat their spouses?
16. Today is the best day to start being a better husband and father. Repent, forgive, try again, give grace, speak truth, learn from mistakes, love unconditionally, fall asleep, wake up and do it all over again but even better tomorrow.
17. The hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done is be a husband and a father. Good think I have God to show me how to do it right every step of the way.