Sunday, October 26, 2008

How Embarrasing

Well...what happened to me tonight would be in the top of my most embarrassing moments. Kylee and I left church tonight after locking up. We pulled out of the church driveway and Kylee started yelling for help. She is learning to buckle her own seat belt and was having trouble since the buckle was covered up by a compound miter saw I had in my backseat. I know I shouldn't have, but I turned around while driving and tried to help her. I knew I was in trouble when the altitude changed. My car left the Highway in front of the church and, of all places, I got stuck in the ditch of the church. No one was hurt, but I didn't know what I was going to do. I was so embarrassed. I thought I'd just call a tow truck since everyone had left church, but little did I know there were good Samaritans left at the church building. There to rescue me were a group of loving souls, led by our fearless youth pastor. Embarrassed, I stumbled around trying to explain what happened. They thought I had blacked out. One of them asked me to take a sobriety test. Pastor Ken pulled up and all he did was hand me an AOL (Acts Of Love) card. We use these in our church when we help people in need. Its an invitation to church as well. I humbly and sheepishly accepted. We hooked up my car with a tow chain that Pastor Ken had (I am impressed and thankful he carries those kind of things around). Kylee and I got out safe and sound. I'll never hear the end of this one at church. Kylee was very encouraging as she laughed and said Pastor Ken saved the day. Here's to you Pastor Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment