Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God's Word Will Stand Forever

1 Peter 1:24-25 - For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever." And this is the word that was preached to you.

I am so grateful that I have God's Word to lead me every day. I am so thankful that I was able to wake up this morning, open up the Scriptures and read life-changing principles to shape me into the image of Christ. We are so fortunate! God has protected His Word all these centuries - it will stand forever. Many centuries ago there was a Roman emperor named Diocletian who was known for his hatred of Christianity. He hated the Bible so much that he took a Bible and burned it. He then erected a monument with the words “Extincto nomini christianorum” — “The name of Christian is extinct" on top of the burned bible. The only name that is extinct is Diocletian.

Many have tried to eliminate God's Word and Christianity but have not succeeded. Why? The Bible is the incorruptible Word of God! Time, decay, evil and the plotting of men will never destroy the Word of God!

I'm so inspired by the God's enduring Word that I want to give it away - not only what I read and memorized today, but giving away actual Bibles. I feel like I'm supposed to give away several Bibles to kids. I challenge you to give God's Word away as well. Purchase a Bible this week for the sole purpose of giving it away. Then ask God to find that special someone for you to give it to. I saw $5 bibles at Lifeway at the checkout the other day. There are cheaper ones than that in paperback. Don't make excuses - give it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment