Monday, June 14, 2010

10 Random Thoughts

Here are some random thoughts going through my head:

1) Abby and Kylee wake up every morning earlier than I'd like to wake up. The first thing they always ask me is "Daddy, I'm hungry. Get me something to drink and something to eat." I thought about that this morning: "What if the first thing I did when I woke up extremely early was ask my Father, "Daddy, I'm hungry. Get me something to drink and something to eat."

2) You are way too valuable to sit on the sideline and do nothing. God has designed you on purpose, for a purpose. You need to let God release the potential inside of you that you never imagined that you had!

3) You can't make everyone happy all of the time. That's not what a leader does anyway. If it was, Jesus was really bad at it. No matter what you do someone is always going to be upset. So what do you do? Please HIM, not them!

4) Vacation was great. Everyone needs to take one - and do nothing while you are there!

5) We live by faith, not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7). If a verse will ever stretch you, this one will. My flesh wants to "see" everything it's way but God wants me to trust Him.

6) One way to kill your relationship with God - spend more time on blogs/social networks than you do in your Bible.

7) Your spouse cannot read your mind! Tell them what's going on up there in that brain of yours.

8) Praying that when I get the chance to preach that I do what Jesus said, "As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.'"

9) I have to remember to believe the best about the people I work with rather than always assuming the worst about them. (To clear up office confusion, when I say "People I work with" means "People I minister/counsel with". Love you ladies in the office! :-)

10) I love my wife and how she loves the ladies in our Life Group. She truly wants Philippians 1:9-11 for them: "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment