Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Can't Hold It In Any Longer

I cannot hold in my love for the Lord. I have to speak His name. I have to tell of who He is and what He does. Not just for me (like I'm the only special one out there), but for all who love Him. The Gospel is my mission. I love this verse:

"But if I say I’ll never mention the Lord or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can’t do it!" - Jeremiah 20:9 NLT

The fire in my bones must be released. It must infuse my lifestyle. It must be who I am. We must share about the Lord. We share about everything else - our family, our jobs, our hobbies, our vacations, sporting events, the latest news. We even share stupid things, just read some people's social networks! Why don't we share about the Lord in our everyday conversations!

"I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent." - Luke 4:43 NIV


It should be our motivation for why we live where we do. It should be our motivation for moving and staying put. After all, Jesus moved (went to the other towns also) because of the Gospel.

Why else am I here? What else is there?

Paul said, "Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!" - 1 Corinthians 9:16

We must be compelled to preach. The Gospel is our motivation for speaking. It is our motivation for getting up out the bed. It is our motivation for living. It should lead our conversations.

Why preach the Gospel? 2 Corinthians 5 tells us 5 reasons why:

1. Verse 10, "For we must all appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ."
2. Verse 11, "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men."
3. Verse 14, "For the love of Christ compels us."
4. Verse 18 & 19, "He has committed unto us the word and ministry of reconciliation."
5. Verse 20, "we are ambassadors for Christ."

We must preach Christ. We must "making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment