I have lots of goals for 2008.
1. Haley and I are excited about starting a new small group in our church directed at those in their 20s. We want to reach young couples for Christ who are currently not in a small group. We start our first group this coming Sunday Night and have 4 couples hopefully coming not connected in a small group at all!
2. My personal goal for evangelism is to reach 5 people for Christ. This doesn't include any salvations that happen when I preach in Kids Church or Adult Services. I want to reach 5 people for Christ outside of our church building.
3. Deeper walk with Christ. I truly desire to grow closer to Christ this year.
4. Make new friends. I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life and that allow me to be in theirs. My goal this year is to get outside my circle of friends and develop relationships with some people I don't know.
5. Spend more time with my family. Last year, I probably averaged 60 hours a week at work - not to mention i built a house myself, took on another job position at work, had a second little girl, and tried desperately to work on my Master's degree. People are my life - I'm a pastor, but I have to build my family life. I want to be closer to my wife than ever before. I want my kids to know me as daddy, not Bro. Stephen. No more cell phone on vacation or cutting vacation short. Family has to be a huge priority this year.
Those are the big ones. I pray I'm humble enough to see the other goals God has for my life this year. God, make me your servant this year.