Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Questions That Will Enrich Your Marriage

Here are some questions to ask yourself about your marriage...I don't know about you, but I have a lot of work to do!

1. When was the last time you hired a babysitter to go out on a date?
2. When was the last time you went on vacation without the kids?
3. When was the last conversation you had that didn't include something about the kids?

OK, enough of the hard questions...

4. Am I blind to my faults because I'm so consumed with theirs?
5. Does the way I speak to my spouse show them honor?
6. Do I have to win every argument or do I strive for unity?

OK, enough of the really hard questions...

7. What am I going to do to serve my spouse in a specific way today?
8. How can I verbally express my love and devotion to my spouse within the next hour?
9. What battle should I not choose to fight with my spouse?

OK, here is the biggest question of all?

10. Am I willing to do whatever it takes to make my marriage work? That "whatever" is _________________ (you fill in the blank).

Last one...

11. Is my personal time with God reflected in my personal time with my spouse?

Remember, Ecclesiastes 4:12 says, "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." That cord is you, your spouse, and Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment