Friday, September 10, 2010

Ten Random Thoughts

1. Fasting is very essential to your spiritual growth. Have you ever read about the 9 different reasons for fasting in Isaiah 53:6-8?

2. Salvation brings about real change. Brokenness, humility, and repentance are necessary.

3. How is your wife supposed to crown you as king (Proverbs 12:4) if you won't share with her your struggles, passions, and heart?

4. How is your wife supposed to grow if you don't wash her with the water of the word? (Ephesians 5:26)

5. You know you are complacent in your walk with the Lord when you talk about what you used to do way more than you talk about what you want to do.

6. Stop trying to make everyone happy. Call them to a deeper level of commitment - this means you'll have to confront the tough issues. There are no easy ways to ask hard questions. Just do it in love.

7. Pastors - fight for your children and youth ministries to be successful! Be passionate about them and give them the resources they need - don't make them beg!

8. Tip for financial success - stop getting advice from your bankrupt friends who don't tithe and have 5 maxed out credit cards and two mortgages - you know, the ones who will fall apart with huge disaster financially with the least little hiccup. They cannot help you.

9. Life is 10% what happens. The other 90% is how you respond to what happens.

10. God is good. Jesus is alive. The Holy Spirit is active. Live in that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment