Friday, October 8, 2010

Asking Right Questions

It is important to ask the right questions - in prayer, in counseling, in small group, etc. Right questions bring about right answers. Asking who, what, when, where, why and how are very important for knowing God's will. We tend to ask questions out of order. You don't ask, "What is God's will for me?" before you ask, "What is God's will?" He has a specific purpose for you but not before you find out His purpose for all mankind.

Be sure to ask questions to the Lord in order as well.

Who? Who am I? Who are you? Who am I to be with?
What? What am I to do? What's my purpose on this world?
Where? Where am I to do it?
When? When am I to do it?
Why? Why is it important?
How? How am I to do it?

I preach, teach, counsel and minister ONLY because I asked the "who" question first. I found out who I am in Christ. Then, because of who I am in Him, I found out what I was to do, when I was to do it, where, why and how. I find out these each new day as I reaffirm who I am In Christ. "Who" reminds me of my calling.

John 1:12 - I am God's child.
John 15:15 - As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1 - I have been justified.
1 Corinthians 6:17 - I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
1 Corinthians 12:27 - I am a member of Christ's body.
Ephesians 1:3-8 - I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
Colossians 1:13-14 - I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
Colossians 2:9-10 - I am complete in Christ.
John 15:5 - I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
John 15:16 - I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
1 Corinthians 3:16 - I am God's temple.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 - I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
Ephesians 2:6 - I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
Ephesians 2:10 - I am God's workmanship.
Ephesians 3:12 - I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Hebrews 4:14-16 - I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.
Romans 8:1-2 - I am free from condemnation.
Romans 8:28 - I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
Romans 8:31-39 - I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22 - I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
Colossians 3:1-4 - I am hidden with Christ in God.
Philippians 1:6 - I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
Philippians 3:20 - I am a citizen of heaven.
2 Timothy 1:7 - I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
1 John 5:18 - I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

That's who I am in Christ and so much more!

Neil T. Anderson wrote, "The more you reaffirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will begin to reflect your true identity!"

What question are you trying to answer? If you're feeling, stuck, maybe even frustrated with God, perhaps you need to go back and make sure you're asking him the right question at the right time. Make sure they are in order. Make sure you know who you are. This only comes about as you know who He is.


No comments:

Post a Comment