Sexual sin comes in many forms - fornication, homosexuality, adultery, pornography and so on. If you find yourself engulfed in sexual sin, here are some suggestions toward healing and restoration.
1. Repent - first to God. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Repentance is the first step towards restoration. Without it, nothing else will work. Admit what you have done. Next, repent to those who you may have hurt in the process. Own up to your weaknesses and sins and begin to mend your relationships. You have to expose sin. You can be made whole and forgiven. (1 John 1:9)
2. Humility - Pride will ruin you as well. "The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God…" (Psalm 10:4). When you humble yourself, God will lift you up. (1 Peter 5:6-7). It cannot happen any other way.
3. Memorize Scripture - Find some verses that you can hide in your heart to overcome sin.
Start with James 1:14 and 1 Corinthians 10:13 and quote them when you are tempted.
Make Psalm 51 your own prayer. Here are some others to help you. Matthew 5:27-30; 1 Peter 2:11; Romans 8:13; Romans 6:12; 1 Corinthians 6:13; Galatians 5:17; Philippians 4:8; 2 Timothy 2:22; Psalm 101:2,3; Proverbs 6:25-29; Proverbs 5:18-20; Proverbs 8:13; Job 31:1-4; Matthew 5:8; Romans 8:6; 1 Corinthians 6:9; 1 Corinthians 6:18-19; 2 Corinthians 10:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5; James 1:15 and 4:3; 1 John 2:16
4. Be Accountable to Someone - Don't let shame and guilt keep you trapped in sin. You can't deal with private sin privately. Confess your sins to someone (James 5:16). Find someone who is more spiritually mature than you and confide in them. Let them ask you tough questions. Be willing to show them your cell phone, computer history, etc.
5. Set Up Boundaries - Get an Internet filter. Set blocks on your phone. www.bsecure.com, www.covenanteyes.com, and www.hedge.org are great. Remember, whatever boundaries you set up do not deal directly with your heart. You must get sin out of your heart. You'll always find a way around any boundary if your heart is not pure.
6. Guard Your Heart - As I said before, the main issue is your heart condition. Proverbs 4:23 says, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Psalm 119:37 asks the lord to turn my eyes away from worthless things and preserve my life according to Your Word.
7. Find Materials To Teach You - Stephen Arterburn's book "Every Man's Battle" is good. He has some for women, young men and other situations of life. Bill Perkins book "When good Men Are Tempted" is also good.
8. Find A Support Group - There are many support groups online.